#: locale=en
## Action
### URL
WebFrame_22F9EEFF_0C1A_2293_4165_411D4444EFEA.url = https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d1194.228354690605!2d20.7954067912665!3d41.11362524748041!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x1350dcbb531ac125%3A0xfb0415fd7102fb82!2sChurch%20of%20the%20Virgin%20Mary%20Peribleptos!5e1!3m2!1sen!2smk!4v1787189584751!5m2!1sen!2smk
WebFrame_22F9EEFF_0C1A_2293_4165_411D4444EFEA_mobile.url = https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d1194.228354690605!2d20.7954067912665!3d41.11362524748041!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x1350dcbb531ac125%3A0xfb0415fd7102fb82!2sChurch%20of%20the%20Virgin%20Mary%20Peribleptos!5e1!3m2!1sen!2smk!4v1787189584751!5m2!1sen!2smk
## Media
### Title
panorama_133F41C0_1CBD_649E_41AD_CE1A6DCC4DC6.label = 0
panorama_11B48668_1CBD_2C6E_4192_27D3AC4D36BE.label = 10
panorama_11B4BF4C_1CBD_3DA6_41B9_029DCBC2D0CA.label = 11
panorama_11B4C8DE_1CBD_24A2_41B6_E0F5FC154C7A.label = 12
panorama_11B4037C_1CBD_6466_41B9_431A7EE5225E.label = 13
panorama_11B45C99_1CBD_7CAE_41B4_89A8E5C825AF.label = 14
panorama_11B4657A_1CBD_6C62_4190_C8D6C87A4FE1.label = 15
panorama_11B5AFCE_1CBD_1CA5_4192_1965C43A8360.label = 16
panorama_11B58A6A_1CBD_2462_41BA_9ABFEB963924.label = 17
panorama_11B583A9_1CBD_24EE_418B_B148DEADAC96.label = 18
panorama_11B59CF8_1CBD_1C6E_41A1_136AA9217DA3.label = 19
panorama_11B0793B_1CBD_65E2_41B7_4266A41E6B94.label = 2
panorama_11BAC28A_1CBD_24A2_41A7_E8EB2360E3CC.label = 3
panorama_11BB6B8F_1CBD_24A2_41B1_BB85047BDA95.label = 4
panorama_11BB77D5_1CBD_2CA6_41B7_0097A9EA17A7.label = 5
panorama_11BBC103_1CBD_E5A2_41B6_03B438CFCC42.label = 6
panorama_11BBB947_1CBD_E5A2_4181_A1DAAE774DC8.label = 7
panorama_11B4C31B_1CBD_E5A2_41B9_F93AB105CC4B.label = 8
panorama_11B41D44_1CBD_1DA6_4183_5B27D6F5DD41.label = 9
photo_06430152_1CCB_65A2_41B7_69F6A8860C48.label = Album
photo_06430152_1CCB_65A2_41B7_69F6A8860C48.label = Album
album_F641DCAA_EA71_3A42_41C9_04C5A017BEB9.label = Photo Album
## Skin
### Button
Button_1B9A4D00_16C4_0505_4193_E0EA69B0CBB0.label = FLOORPLAN
Button_1B998D00_16C4_0505_41AD_67CAA4AAEFE0_mobile.label = INFORMATION
Button_1B998D00_16C4_0505_41AD_67CAA4AAEFE0.label = INFORMATION
Button_1B9A6D00_16C4_0505_4197_F2108627CC98.label = LOCATION
Button_1B9A6D00_16C4_0505_4197_F2108627CC98_mobile.label = LOCATION
Button_1B999D00_16C4_0505_41AB_D0C2E7857448_mobile.label = PANORAMAS
Button_1B999D00_16C4_0505_41AB_D0C2E7857448.label = PANORAMAS
Button_1B9A5D00_16C4_0505_41B0_D18F25F377C4.label = PHOTOALBUM
Button_1B9A3D00_16C4_0505_41B2_6830155B7D52.label = REALTOR
Button_221B5648_0C06_E5FD_4198_40C786948FF0.label = lorem ipsum
Button_23F057B8_0C0A_629D_41A2_CD6BDCDB0145.label = lorem ipsum
Button_221B5648_0C06_E5FD_4198_40C786948FF0_mobile.label = lorem ipsum
### Image
Image_0D6C1280_27C8_FC87_41C0_41CEA6AC39AC.url = skin/Image_0D6C1280_27C8_FC87_41C0_41CEA6AC39AC_en.png
Image_1B99DD00_16C4_0505_41B3_51F09727447A.url = skin/Image_1B99DD00_16C4_0505_41B3_51F09727447A_en.png
Image_1B99DD00_16C4_0505_41B3_51F09727447A_mobile.url = skin/Image_1B99DD00_16C4_0505_41B3_51F09727447A_mobile_en.png
Image_3307168C_28E1_EED4_41C2_403FD9CFB8D3.url = skin/Image_3307168C_28E1_EED4_41C2_403FD9CFB8D3_en.png
Image_331C30BB_27C8_032F_417A_0A92852B3FFC.url = skin/Image_331C30BB_27C8_032F_417A_0A92852B3FFC_en.png
Image_35E7B3B0_28E6_66CC_41BF_89DFAF912C8D.url = skin/Image_35E7B3B0_28E6_66CC_41BF_89DFAF912C8D_en.png
Image_3AD17529_28B2_89F0_41C2_01F10CBCCA56.url = skin/Image_3AD17529_28B2_89F0_41C2_01F10CBCCA56_en.png
Image_3AD30165_28B2_8870_41AC_A3477D2A40B8.url = skin/Image_3AD30165_28B2_8870_41AC_A3477D2A40B8_en.png
### Label
Label_0DD14F09_1744_0507_41AA_D8475423214A.text = Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos
Label_0DD1AF09_1744_0507_41B4_9F5A60B503B2.text = Ohrid
### Multiline Text
HTMLText_23F067B8_0C0A_629D_41A9_1A1C797BB055.html =
___
Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos
Ohrid
The Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos was built in 1295 by order of the Byzantine military commander Progon Zgur, son-in-law of the emperor Andronikos II Paleologus (1282 – 1328), as evidenced by the inscription above the western entrance to the church. Progon Zgur's high social position enabled him to hire the painters Mihaijl Astarapa and Eutychius, who painted one of the highest achievements of Byzantine art from the Paeological period.
At the base, the church has the shape of an inscribed cross in a rectangular space with a central octagonal dome resting on four pillars, the narthex on the western side is covered with a blind dome and two cross vaults, and the altar apse is decorated with baked bricks. The church was surrounded by an open porch, which suffered from a fire shortly after the construction of the church. The church is built in traditional Byzantine style, with strong influences from Epirus architecture. It is built of limestone, crushed stone and baked bricks, the combination of which achieves beautiful decorations on the facade.
In 1364/65, two chapels were added to the eastern end of the southern and northern walls, financed by the Bishop of Devolli, Gregory. The northern chapel is dedicated to St. Gregory the Theologian, and the southern chapel is dedicated to St. Nicholas. Later, a closed porch was built, surrounding the church on the southern, western and secer sides.
The fresco painting in the nave and narthex is the first documented work of the Salonica painters Michael and Eutychius, who later became court painters of King Milutin. Their painting is considered one of the most significant achievements of the so-called Palaiologos Renaissance, combining elements of the graphic style of the Komnenian (11th century) and post-Komenian art (12th century – second half of the 13th century) with the new monumental style of the Palaiologos (after 1261).
In the first zone, standing figures are painted, on the north wall are portraits of St. Clement of Ohrid and Constantine Cabasilas, the 13th-century Archbishop of Ohrid, and the iconographers left their names inscribed on some of the frescoes, namely Michael - on the robe of the warrior St. Demetrius, Eutychius - on the robe of the warrior St. Procopius.
In the second zone, the Virgin Mary cycle is painted, and in the third, scenes depicting the life and suffering of Christ are presented, in the uppermost zone, that is, in the vaults, the Great Feasts are painted. In the central dome, Jesus Christ is depicted as the terrible judge. On two of the four pillars that support the dome, the eight standing figures represent the holy warriors.
In the altar area, the Virgin Mary is depicted standing with outstretched arms, the Communion of the Apostles (Eucharist), portraits of saints, and the Adoration of the Victim (Service of the Bishops).
In the narthex of the church, frescoes from the late 13th century depict scenes related to the Virgin Mary, and the most characteristic composition is the "Christmas Hymn", which is located above the entrance door.
In the 14th century, more precisely in 1364/65, under the patronage of Bishop Grigorij of Devol, who financed the construction and fresco painting of the side chapels and the porch of the church, the students of the famous Ohrid icon painter from the first half of the 14th century, Jovan Theorian, painted the side chapels and the open porch, following the best experiences of the Ohrid painting school from the 14th century.
In the second half of the 19th century, a wooden iconostasis with icons made by Dicho Zograf from Tresonche was placed in the church, but more recently it was replaced with a marble iconostasis, which is a reconstruction of the older one. Two throne icons and royal doors are placed on it, and above them, on a horizontal board, fifteen representations of saints are painted. Above them is a wooden Crucifix.
After the conquests of the Ottomans and the fall of Macedonia under their rule and the conversion of the church of St. Panteleimon into a mosque, the church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos became the seat of the Ohrid Archbishopric and a place where the relics of the Ohrid saint Clement were kept. In the period after World War II, the church was placed under state administration, and the relics were transferred to the church of St. Nikola Gerakomija. In 1991, when the church was returned to the possession of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, the relics were again transferred with a solemn procession to the church the Virgin Mary Peribleptos, where they remained until the restoration of the St. Clement Monastery on Plaoshnik in 2002, when they were returned to their original location.
HTMLText_221B6648_0C06_E5FD_41A0_77851DC2C548.html = ___
Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos
Ohrid
Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos is located in the old part of Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the ancient theater and the Upper Gate.
HTMLText_3918BF37_0C06_E393_41A1_17CF0ADBAB12.html =
HTMLText_3918BF37_0C06_E393_41A1_17CF0ADBAB12_mobile.html =
HTMLText_23F067B8_0C0A_629D_41A9_1A1C797BB055_mobile.html = Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos
Ohrid
The Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos was built in 1295 by order of the Byzantine military commander Progon Zgur, son-in-law of the emperor Andronikos II Paleologus (1282 – 1328), as evidenced by the inscription above the western entrance to the church. Progon Zgur's high social position enabled him to hire the painters Mihaijl Astarapa and Eutychius, who painted one of the highest achievements of Byzantine art from the Paeological period.
At the base, the church has the shape of an inscribed cross in a rectangular space with a central octagonal dome resting on four pillars, the narthex on the western side is covered with a blind dome and two cross vaults, and the altar apse is decorated with baked bricks. The church was surrounded by an open porch, which suffered from a fire shortly after the construction of the church. The church is built in traditional Byzantine style, with strong influences from Epirus architecture. It is built of limestone, crushed stone and baked bricks, the combination of which achieves beautiful decorations on the facade.
In 1364/65, two chapels were added to the eastern end of the southern and northern walls, financed by the Bishop of Devolli, Gregory. The northern chapel is dedicated to St. Gregory the Theologian, and the southern chapel is dedicated to St. Nicholas. Later, a closed porch was built, surrounding the church on the southern, western and secer sides.
The fresco painting in the nave and narthex is the first documented work of the Salonica painters Michael and Eutychius, who later became court painters of King Milutin. Their painting is considered one of the most significant achievements of the so-called Palaiologos Renaissance, combining elements of the graphic style of the Komnenian (11th century) and post-Komenian art (12th century – second half of the 13th century) with the new monumental style of the Palaiologos (after 1261).
In the first zone, standing figures are painted, on the north wall are portraits of St. Clement of Ohrid and Constantine Cabasilas, the 13th-century Archbishop of Ohrid, and the iconographers left their names inscribed on some of the frescoes, namely Michael - on the robe of the warrior St. Demetrius, Eutychius - on the robe of the warrior St. Procopius.
In the second zone, the Virgin Mary cycle is painted, and in the third, scenes depicting the life and suffering of Christ are presented, in the uppermost zone, that is, in the vaults, the Great Feasts are painted. In the central dome, Jesus Christ is depicted as the terrible judge. On two of the four pillars that support the dome, the eight standing figures represent the holy warriors.
In the altar area, the Virgin Mary is depicted standing with outstretched arms, the Communion of the Apostles (Eucharist), portraits of saints, and the Adoration of the Victim (Service of the Bishops).
In the narthex of the church, frescoes from the late 13th century depict scenes related to the Virgin Mary, and the most characteristic composition is the "Christmas Hymn", which is located above the entrance door.
In the 14th century, more precisely in 1364/65, under the patronage of Bishop Grigorij of Devol, who financed the construction and fresco painting of the side chapels and the porch of the church, the students of the famous Ohrid icon painter from the first half of the 14th century, Jovan Theorian, painted the side chapels and the open porch, following the best experiences of the Ohrid painting school from the 14th century.
In the second half of the 19th century, a wooden iconostasis with icons made by Dicho Zograf from Tresonche was placed in the church, but more recently it was replaced with a marble iconostasis, which is a reconstruction of the older one. Two throne icons and royal doors are placed on it, and above them, on a horizontal board, fifteen representations of saints are painted. Above them is a wooden Crucifix.
After the conquests of the Ottomans and the fall of Macedonia under their rule and the conversion of the church of St. Panteleimon into a mosque, the church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos became the seat of the Ohrid Archbishopric and a place where the relics of the Ohrid saint Clement were kept. In the period after World War II, the church was placed under state administration, and the relics were transferred to the church of St. Nikola Gerakomija. In 1991, when the church was returned to the possession of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, the relics were again transferred with a solemn procession to the church the Virgin Mary Peribleptos, where they remained until the restoration of the St. Clement Monastery on Plaoshnik in 2002, when they were returned to their original location.
HTMLText_221B6648_0C06_E5FD_41A0_77851DC2C548_mobile.html = Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos
Ohrid
Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos is located in the old part of Ohrid, in the immediate vicinity of the ancient theater and the Upper Gate.
HTMLText_2908CC28_27C8_EB98_41B6_271AE4465817.html =
HTMLText_3FA3AD7B_27C9_E479_41BB_F3E688E26DA0.html = Church of the Virgin Mary Peribleptos
Ohrid
HTMLText_029BA2CD_283F_EB34_4184_89FD5DECBF0A.html =
## Tour
### Description
### Title
tour.name = Banja Bansko, Municipality of Stumica